02 April 2018
Shop Fitting Affects Customer Buying Power
Correct fit out of a retail store is essential. It affects how successfully customers are able to search for & purchase products. The overall aim of effective shop fitting is to attract customers into a store. Effective shop fitting allows them to browse easily & ultimately make a purchase. This can be achieved through a strong layout, high quality materials & enticing displays. Before a fit-out project commences, a number of important things need to be considered. It is important to consider how customers move throughout the store. It is also important how they discover products. Ultimately, how they reach the customer service & payment area is also important.
What techniques constitute an effective shop fit out?
- Effective customer movement: Customers can be encouraged throughout a store with effective placement of display stands & signs, guiding customers along the correct route. Customers should be able to move through the store conveniently. Subsequently, they should be able to access all the main areas of the store with ease.
- Well-designed back-of-house areas: It is important to consider how staff use back of house areas. Furthermore, staffs lives can be made easier by utilising easy to reach racking & clear storage areas.
- Suitable lighting: Using the correct type of lighting in a retail environment is important to showcase products in the most effective way. Moreover, using correct lighting helps provide a bright, modern environment in which customers can shop in.
- Appropriate product density: The amount of products to display on shelves is dependent on the types of product the retailer is selling. For example, the way products are displayed in a discount store is completely different to that of a high end, luxury fashion retailer.
- Use of technology: There are many different types of technology which can be used in a store to improve customer experience. For example, plasma displays, interactive screens & smart beacons which communicate with customers as they walk through the store.
- Flexible spaces: It is really important to consider flexibility in a retail space. Throughout the year, promotions & products change. And so does the requirement to change displays. Such features as movable racking & shelving allow quick & easy re-configuration. Conversely, this is regardless of what is being sold.
- Strongly designed shop fit: Ensure that you employ a reputable shopfitting service that puts your needs first. Ensure your shop fitter are capable of coming up with a truly bespoke solution perfect for your needs. Most shop fitting services include design & installation. However you can hire separate designers & fitters.
Contact Phoenix Design Man Today for your Shop Fitting Needs
In this post we have talked about the importance of shopfitting design. Shop fit design can have a huge effect on customer buying decisions. Fortunately, there are a number of successful techniques that can support this. Are you a new business owner that has acquired a premises? Do you require design & fit out? Perhaps you have owned your business for a number of years & require an updated customer experience? Contact Phoenix Design Man today to see how we can help you with your shopfitting needs. ❮ Back to Blog